From the backup service point of view, shared mailboxes are considered as regular domain users. They are listed on Users tab in the backup portal, along with other domain users. To perform Mail backups for Shared Mailboxes, backup needs to be enabled which requires a backup license for each Shared Mailbox.
Articles in this section
- How to configure backup settings by AD groups?
- How are users belonging to multiple AD groups handled in backup?
- Can I select only certain SharePoint sites or Teams groups for backup?
- Why are some SharePoint sites displayed under Teams backup, even though actual files are saved in SharePoint file library in Microsoft 365?
- Do Shared Mailboxes require their own backup licenses?
- Who can read / download emails from Shared Mailbox backup?
- How is the data encrypted in backup?
- How long is the data stored in backup?
- Why is the file/item count and storage size smaller in V2 compared to V1?