Sometimes you end up having to restore data from a user that has already been deleted from the Microsoft 365 tenant. In Nexetic Microsoft Backup Microsoft 365 you can easily restore emails or OneDrive files / folders to another user account in the same M365 tenant.
- Sign into the Backup Portal
- Enter Mail or OneDrive page
- Select the user you wish to restore data from
- Select the items or folder to be restored
- Select the restore options:
Target account for the restoration ('Restore to user'). Your own user account is selected by default, but you can also restore the emails / files to another user account in the same M365 tenant. Select the account from the drop-down menu.
You can also choose the following:
- Target folder ('Restore to a custom folder') where the emails / files will be restored to. By default the items will be restored to their original location, i.e. the same folder where they are located in backup. You can also type any folder name. If such folder doesn't exist in the destination account's Mailbox / OneDrive, the folder will be created during the restore process.
- Date from which the emails / files will be restored ('Restore to a past date'). The current date is always pre-selected, but you can select any past date from the calendar and you will always have the items restored as they were on the specific date - i.e. allowing you to jump back in time.