How to enable backups for Nexetic Backup Microsoft 365:
Step 1. Sign in to the Backup Portal
Open your web browser and go to the following address: https://shield-cloud.nexetic.com/
Select Sign in with Microsoft 365.
Insert your Microsoft 365 credentials for the tenant you want to back up.
The user account has to be Global Administrator
You can start backup configuration also from Nexetic Portal. This is recommended for resellers.
Step 2. Grant Permissions
The backup applications will require certain reading and writing permissions to be able to back up and restore data. Grant permissions for the backup applications by clicking Accept.
You will be requested to select the same admin account and accept more permissions - again, click Accept.
Step 3. Click on the Settings icon in the top-right corner
If you didn't land directly on Settings page, click the gear wheel icon at the right upper corner of the page.
Step 4. Option 1: Configure Backup Settings for All Users
The Settings page is the easiest way to configure backups for all users.
If you want to configure backups for certain AD groups, you can proceed to Step 5. If you don't want to back up all users, or all users in certain AD groups, you can enable backups only for specific users on the Users page. See Step 6 for details.
Step 4a. Configure User Services
- If you want to back up data from all users, select User services and click All users.
- Select which items to back up: Mail, Drive, Contacts, Calendar, Teams private chats
- Select Add new Users automatically to backup if you want to have all new Microsoft 365 users automatically added to the backup.
- Click Save
Step 4b. Configure Organization Services
- On Settings page, select Organization services and click the SharePoint&Teams files slide switch to enable backup for SharePoint and Teams files that are stored in SharePoint.
- Select Teams channel posts to enable backup for posts on Teams channels - both public and private channels are included.
- Select Add new sites automatically to backup if you want to have all new SharePoint sites / Teams automatically added to the backup.
- Click Save
At the moment, when backup for SharePoint&Teams files is enabled, all files from all sites and teams are backed up. Similarly, if backup for Teams channel posts is enabled, all channels are covered. Option to select sites or teams for backup will be added soon.
- Note that Teams files will be backed up if SharePoint and users' OneDrive backups are enabled.
- Teams channel posts are backed up if backup for 'Teams channel posts' is enabled.
- Backup for Teams private chats needs to be enabled separately under Settings -> User Services.
Step 5. Option 2: Configure Backup Settings for AD groups
You can configure backups for selected AD groups on the Settings page.
- Select User services and click Users in AD Groups
Select AD groups for backup from the drop-down menu by checking the boxes
- AD groups are displayed alphabetically. When you have selected groups for backup and clicked the 'Save' button, all selected groups are first displayed alphabetically, followed by the rest of the groups that are also in alphabetical order.
- You can search for groups by AD group name
- Next, select which items to back up: Mail, Drive, Contacts, Calendar, Teams private chats
- Select Add new Users automatically to backup if you want to have all new Microsoft 365 users in the selected AD groups automatically added to the backup
- Click Save
To configure backup for Organization services (SharePoint, Teams), check instructions from Step 4b.
Step 6. Option 3: Configure Backup Settings for Specific Users
If you already configured backups for all users according to Step 4, or for selected AD groups according to Step 5, you have already successfully configured backups.
In case you want to enable backups for selected users only, you can do this on Users page.
First, click on the Users button in the top navigation to proceed to the Users page.
Click on the gear wheel icon to configure backup for a single user.
Select which items to back up from the selected user: Mail, Drive, Contacts, Calendar, Teams private chats.
NoteTo configure backup for Organization services (SharePoint, Teams), check instructions from Step 4b.