How to enable backups for Nexetic Backup Microsoft 365:
Step 1. Sign in to the Backup Portal
Open your web browser and go to the following address: https://shield-cloud.nexetic.com/
Select Sign in with Microsoft 365.
Insert your Microsoft 365 credentials for the tenant you want to back up.
The user account has to be Global Administrator
You can start backup configuration also from Nexetic Portal. This is recommended for resellers.
Step 2. Grant Permissions
Grant permissions to the backup application. Click Accept.
You will be requested to accept more permissions - again, click Accept.
Step 3. Click on the Settings icon in the top-right corner
Step 4. Configure Backup Settings for All Users
The Settings page is the easiest way to configure backups for all users.
If you want to configure backups for certain AD groups, you can proceed to Step 5. If you don't want to back up all users, or all users in certain AD groups, you can enable backups only for specific users on the Users page. See Step 6 for details.
Step 4a. Configure User Services
- If you want to back up data from all users, select User services and click All users.
- Select which items to back up: Mail, Drive, Contacts, Calendar
- Select Add new Users automatically to backup if you want to have all new Microsoft 365 users automatically added to the backup.
- Click Save
Step 4b. Configure Organization Services
- On Settings page, select Organization services and click the SharePoint slide switch to enable backup for SharePoint and Teams
- Select Add new sites automatically to backup if you want to have all new SharePoint sites / Teams automatically added to the backup.
- Click Save
At the moment, when SharePoint backup is enabled, all files from all sites are backed up. Option to select sites for backup is coming soon. Note that files shared in Teams will be backed up if SharePoint and users' Drive backups are enabled.
Step 5. Configure Backup Settings for AD groups
You can configure backups for selected AD groups on the Settings page.
- Select User services and click Users in AD Groups
Select AD groups for backup from the drop-down menu by checking the boxes
- AD groups are displayed alphabetically. When you have selected groups for backup and clicked the 'Save' button, all selected groups are first displayed alphabetically, followed by the rest of the groups that are also in alphabetical order.
- You can search for groups by AD group name
- Next, select which items to back up: Mail, Drive, Contacts, Calendar
- Select Add new Users automatically to backup if you want to have all new Microsoft 365 users in the selected AD groups automatically added to the backup
- Click Save
To configure backup for Organization services (SharePoint, Teams), check instructions from Step 4b.
Step 6. Configure Backup Settings for Specific Users (Optional)
If you already configured backups for all users according to Step 4, or for selected AD groups according to Step 5, you have already successfully configured backups.
In case you want to enable backups for selected users only, you can do this on Users page.
First, click on the Users button in the top navigation to proceed to the Users page.
Click on the gear wheel icon to configure backup for a single user.
Select which items to back up from the selected user: Mail, Drive, Contacts, Calendar.
NoteTo configure backup for Organization services (SharePoint, Teams), check instructions from Step 4b.