You will learn how to search and restore SharePoint and Teams files. There are two ways to locate the files:
1. From the SharePoint & Teams files page, based on the location of the file. You can search or browse the sites/teams and their document folders. This option is described in section 2.a.
2. From the Teams chats page, based on the chat or channel where the file was shared. You can locate the chat/post where the file was shared, and enter the location of the shared files from there. This option is described in section 2.b.
Step 1. Log in to the Backup Portal
You have two options to log in to the 365 Backup Portal.
- Log in via Nexetic Portal: https://portal.nexetic.com
- Log in directly to 365 Backup Portal: https://shield-cloud.nexetic.com
Using Nexetic Portal is recommended for partners and resellers. In Nexetic Portal you can manage all your M365 backup customers in one place.
Step 2.a - OPTION 1: Search for files from the 'SharePoint & Teams Files' page
Files backed up from SharePoint sites and Team channels are found under one page in Backup portal, to make it easier to locate the files. To locate Teams or SharePoint files, click SharePoint & Teams files on the top menu.
You can search Teams or SharePoint files in the following ways:
- Input text into the search box and select if you are searching SharePoint sites / Teams, SharePoint lists / Teams channels - or if you are searching for files and folders.
Step 2.b - OPTION 2: Search for files from the 'Teams chats' page
You can also locate the files based on the chat or channel where the file was shared. Enter the Teams chats page. You can filter the teams and channels by typing in the Filter by team and channel box.
Once you have located the correct channel or chat, select it and if there are any files shared in that post or chat, you can see the button View channel files. Based on the file location, you will land either on SharePoint&Teams Files page or OneDrive page and you can restore or download the file from there.
Step 3. Restore files
Select the correct folder and files you wish to restore.
Click on the Restore button and select Restore Selected to restore files to the original location. You can choose Restore selected to 'Restore' Folder' if you want to restore the files to a separate Restore folder inside the target folder.
If the SharePoint site or Team that the content is located in no longer exists in Microsoft 365, you will get to select another SharePoint site / Team as a restore destination.
Please note that the restoration process may take some time.
Step 4. Download files
Click on the file to download it to the local workstation. You can see all the backed up file versions for the selected file on the right-hand side. Choose the correct revision and click Download.
Download option is currently limited to single file versions only.